Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want a CYBERSUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Surburban is what have now and want to replace. I like the size, but I don't like burning all of that gas.
That's what we're looking for... a Tesla Suburban. 4 GSD dogs that the wife wants to roadtrip/camp with... The 5 seater X almost would work but we can't stand the FWDs... I personally really like the idea of the exterior of the cybertruck (for durability) so we'd like a CyberSUV.

That's what we're looking for... a Tesla Suburban. 4 GSD dogs that the wife wants to roadtrip/camp with... The 5 seater X almost would work but we can't stand the FWDs... I personally really like the idea of the exterior of the cybertruck (for durability) so we'd like a CyberSUV.
FWD? The X is not FWD. Man.... 4 dogs!? Suburban/Yukon seems the only logical choice at this time.

I want a CyberSUV also, though I'm thinking I'd like it to look a bit more like a CyberSuburban.
CyberSUV+.jpg

A CyberSUV ("CyberSuburban") would eliminate the "roll-top" vault (truck bed) cover of the CyberTruck. With the snow, salt, sand around here I'd be a bit concerned about the longevity of that mechanism.. my sliding doors on the sides of my odyssey minivan started having problems working after about 8 years, problems I think were caused (or worsened) by salt and sand.

I’ve thought this from the reveal. The current with high sides and roll top isn’t really a truck and isn’t a SUV. They should raise the back a bit and make it a hybrid SUV/Truck with a optional 3rd row. Sort of a better version of that GMC sliding roof thing a few years ago.
upload_2020-8-4_10-18-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-4_10-18-40.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-4_10-18-40.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: cypho
This is the best render I’ve seen for a CyberSUV, seems to get the proportions right unlike the other monstrosities I’ve seen lol. These would sell like crazy. Really any kind of large, 7+ passenger suburban-esque, electric SUV with a 400-500 mile range would just print money.
View attachment 574566

To me the proportions in that render look totally off (I define correct proportions to be the same height/width/length as the Cybertruck ) The wheelbase in particular looks quite a bit shorter. The front and rear overhangs look shorter as well.

That is a nice looking vehicle, but it is not a Cybertruck with the truck bed converted into interior space which is what I I'm looking for in a Cyber SUV.

Last edited:
Take a cab to the airport and leave your cars at home. Will cost you much less for a cab ride then to pay for airport parking.

Maybe in big cities but parking is significantly cheaper in many cities and cab/Uber is pricey depending on how far away you live. Cab/Uber for me would be $45 each way. Parking is about $7 a day in St. Louis. Many smaller cities have parking for even less. I think my parents pay $3 in upstate NY.

Build the CyberSUV and I will buy it!

Reactions: cypho
Take a cab to the airport and leave your cars at home. Will cost you much less for a cab ride then to pay for airport parking.

Sounds like a suggestion from someone without (multiple) small children.

Cabs never have more than one carseat. So cabs are never an option, unless we want to bring carseats with us and then cary them around all day after we get out of the cab.

Elon has lots of kids so he understands and will hopefully one day build something for larger families.

Reactions: McMoo