Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want to buy a Tesla Roadster. Who will sell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jurriaans

Apr 27, 2007
Hello

I would like to buy a Tesla Roadster for the Netherlands, but it is very difficult to get one in Europe. Before selling roadsters in Europe, Tesla will deliver all reservations in the US. It will take more than two years before driving one in Europe, and that's way too long.
Has someons already ordered a roadster or knows anyone who will have his/here roadster soon and will sell it?
We will find out later about the price. Please send me an email or answer on this forum.

Thanks!

I know of at least one Tesla "customer" who put the money down with the intention to resell right away.
I don't think it will take long to find ones to buy "aftermarket" if you have enough money to spend.

I know of at least one Tesla "customer" who put the money down with the intention to resell right away.
I don't think it will take long to find ones to buy "aftermarket" if you have enough money to spend.

Is the "customer" looking to profit big?

I suppose if you bought one before next month's price hike you could probably get the 6K back but if you put that same 30k or 50K in any one of several "safe" investments it seems like you could do much better than that. For awhile at least, the demand will outstrip the available supply -though a Tesla staffer told me that once the plant is up and running that the cars would be come fast and furious (my phrasing). He even said if you placed and order last week it would be delivered in June of next year.

Don't know how Tesla is screening their customers. If a Sheik wanted one as a toy in sand land would they refuse the sale or up the 8K out-of-service-area price appropriately. (Come to think of it, why is it not on a sliding scale?) Would our Sheik have to buy through a 3rd party in one of the service centers?

I would not be the least bit surprised to see one show up on eBay next year.

Something like this is a perfect opportunity to make some money.

The real buzz about the roadster will hit once the magazines have them to test, and people see them on the street.

There will be an influx of willing buyers who find that there is already a big waiting list. If cars show up on eBay they could fetch a real premium.
Someone who wants a $100K car right away, might be willing to pay a big premium ( e.g.: +30%) just to bypass the waiting list...

I bet if Tesla had offered the roadster at $200K they still would have gotten 50 customers or so...