Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to buy an early Cybertruck to bring to Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

A car dealer I work with is considering buying an early Cybertruck, and shipping it to Europe. He sells a lot of pre-owned Tesla, and the idea is to have it serve as a lighthouse, to bring new customers to his business. Which it definitely would!

So I am looking to buy an early Cybertruck, from one of you, and at the price that you paid (no markup) – and in exchange you are welcome to use it for an extended road trip through Europe. For free, including free Supercharging. Just be aware that you will be turning a LOT of heads 😬

Before you ask: yes, there is an adapter from NACS to the European CCS2. And as the Cybertruck will be great for camping in, you really only would have to pay for airfare.

If you or someone you know would be interested in this: let's talk. I am completely flexible about the details of this deal; I just would rather not pay a significant markup on the vehicle. Which would certainly be an option, on the open market. But I much prefer to engage in human relationships than in merely commercial ones.

Owen

• Funny
Reactions: Maryland
Yep – warranty we have considered. Our solution: if there is a warranty event that cannot be handled any other way than at Tesla in North America, like for instance a recall, we will ship it back there. And then back to Europe, again.

Also, navigation and mobile connectivity will not work

That we have not considered... but I'm positive there might be a way to get that sorted out, too. I mean it is a BIG part of what makes a Tesla a Tesla, and I should think that Tesla would want that to work, on a vehicle that may be the first contact with the brand for many future customers.

Quick aside: I drove a Porsche Taycan 4S from Sweden to Portugal last week (2,000 miles), and it is an amazing car, I have to admit! – Except for the software... which is the reason I would never drive a Taycan as a daily.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gillfoto
someone did it with a Model 3 and drove all over Europe with it.
Of course he crashed it while using Autopilot and wasn't paying attention.
So Nav, Autopilot etc probably won't work, but everything else seemed to.

Being realistic though, anyone who gets one in the next year is likely to be someone who reserved on launch day and has been waiting ever since.
So the Venn diagram of early adopter/can't buy it now/but can afford to spend weeks in Europe/willing to part with their truck etc, may well be a pretty small overlap :D

I am currently talking with a company that imports cars without EU type approval (Hummer EV is one off their projects). They are investigating if the Cybertruck can be imported.

But I will only do it if Tesla approves it and helps making the car work correctly in Europe (Sim, navi, AP). And warrantly/service. Charging is easy: adapter.
Once I know for sure I will contact Tesla.

p.s. I live in EU and have an early reservation on the CT (112-range).

Last edited:
But I will only do it if Tesla approves it and helps making the car work correctly in Europe (Sim, navi, AP). And warrantly/service.

Yeah – that’s not going to happen. At least not until Tesla brings it to Europe officially, but that’ll be 1-2 years at least.
Mostly warranty I mean. No warranty work in Europe, until the CT is sold here.
And even then most likely not for US sold vehicles.

So if in that case you would be willing to take delivery in Texas, and then let my acquaintance bring it here (to Sweden), you could still have it for an extended road trip. As per my original post.

DM me if you’re interested.

Mine with be available for Markup or trade for an M3 wagon. Let me know.

1) there is no such thing as a M3 wagon
2) how much markup are you thinking?

Yeah – that’s not going to happen. At least not until Tesla brings it to Europe officially, but that’ll be 1-2 years at least.

So if in that case you would be willing to take delivery in Texas, and then let my acquaintance bring it here (to Sweden), you could still have it for an extended road trip. As per my original post.

DM me if you’re interested.

1) there is no such thing as a M3 wagon
2) how much markup are you thinking?

Im sorry M3 “Touring”

As far as markup, it’s going to be whatever the crazies around here are paying, usually $20-$30k over to be the “first”

Did you contact them ? I will contact them and see what they say. If no..... no problem I will wait and see. Not interested in your proposal (I want it as a daily driver).

So I am looking to buy an early Cybertruck, from one of you, and at the price that you paid (no markup) – and in exchange you are welcome to use it for an extended road trip through Europe. For free, including free Supercharging.
Yea, I don't see that happening; someone waiting years to give up their Cybertruck for free rental/Supercharging in Europe.

As far as markup, it’s going to be whatever the crazies around here are paying, usually $20-$30k over to be the “first”
To pry vehicles from 1st year CT owners, $20-30k is probably the low end.

Interesting idea. Have you read the forums on the issues in moving a car between the U.S. and Europe? For starters, Tesla will not honor the warranty. Also, navigation and mobile connectivity will not work. Here is a link to the current warranty; see page 2:

You could hotspot on a euro phone and gain back the navigation and mobility connectivity.

Do I get to pick the marketing crew that travels with me? I dont need nav either, I lived in Germany for 3 years.

1698110343236.png

Reactions: zoomer0056
Yea, I don't see that happening; someone waiting years to give up their Cybertruck for free rental/Supercharging in Europe.

To pry vehicles from 1st year CT owners, $20-30k is probably the low end.
I'm guessing the first 10 or 20 will be in the $100k over range. After that it will drop $1k per sale until it levels off in the $30k-$40k range for a year. People were paying $100k over for the Hummer and that had a demand of 5,000 people.

If someone wants to sell me their early delivery at MSRP, I will throw in a $10,000 European vacation :)

There is around 10% tax so if the CT was $88k. I will probably need to pay around $96k. Now to make it worth it, I will need to sell it over $120k at the minimum. Even then, there isn't any good cars to buy at that price over a Cybertruck. I will need to sell it for $150k+ to cover for a NSX or McLaren. I am also willing to trade.

I'm guessing the first 10 or 20 will be in the $100k over range. After that it will drop $1k per sale until it levels off in the $30k-$40k range for a year. People were paying $100k over for the Hummer and that had a demand of 5,000 people.

If someone wants to sell me their early delivery at MSRP, I will throw in a $10,000 European vacation :)
Multiply that by 10.