Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you bought a Tesla Model Y this year in Oregon and were declined a rebate, shall we join forces to get our EV Rebates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rebate got declined because I paid over $50K but have an argument as to whether they can legally do that. The terms qualify rebates as to listed cars and to purchases before the May 1, 2023 program cutoff date. The Tesla discriminating factor is a 'footnote' which I believe is not enforceable. Had they amended the terms instead, that would have been unarguable, as it provides necessary notice. I think that we may be able to take this matter on as a class action and I am ready to attempt that, if there are others.

My rebate got declined because I paid over $50K but have an argument as to whether they can legally do that. The terms qualify rebates as to listed cars and to purchases before the May 1, 2023 program cutoff date. The Tesla discriminating factor is a 'footnote' which I believe is not enforceable. Had they amended the terms instead, that would have been unarguable, as it provides necessary notice. I think that we may be able to take this matter on as a class action and I am ready to attempt that, if there are others.
Could you please clarify whether you were declined because you were over the price limit or because the program ran out of funding last year? Below is the clarifying question that I asked the OCVRP Processing Team as well as their response, which clearly indicates that as long as a base vehicle MSRP is below $50k, then the amount should be covered regardless of whether you add the third row or different color of paint.

Hello!

I know the Oregon EV Rebate program currently is not funded, but I'm considering whether I can afford a car once the program gets funding this year (fingers crossed!). One question that I have is whether a car will qualify for the Standard Rebate and Charge Ahead Rebate if the price of the car that I purchase is above $50,000, but there is a base version of the vehicle that is below $50,000? Per the link below it seems that the reason the cars are disqualified is because certain models don't "have a base MSRP of $50,000 or less."

https://www.oregon.gov/deq/FilterDocs/EV-StandardRebatevehicles.pdf

More specifically, I'm looking at the Tesla Model Y, which the Standard Range version has a price of $44,000, but the Long-Range version in blue with white seats is $51,000. Since the base Model Y Standard Range is below $50,000, does the Long-Range version still qualify for the Standard Rebate and the Charge Ahead Rebate even if the car costs $51,000?

Best,
Metallicat17

Good morning,

Thank you for your email and interest in the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (OCVRP). All vehicles listed on our eligible vehicles for the Standard and Charge Ahead Rebates, must have a base manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) of $50,000 or less.

Our base MSRP guideline means that the vehicles base Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price is below the $50,000 MSRP requirement for our program, and any additional add-ons that place the vehicle over $50,000 are still eligible, as long as the vehicle is listed as eligible on our website.

If a plug in hybrid or battery electric vehicle has an MSRP cap of over $50,000, it is not eligible and therefore will not be listed on our eligible vehicle list.

This means as long as the Tesla Model Y and its model year you are purchasing or leasing is listed on our eligible vehicles list, then it is eligible for the OCVRP rebates. We encourage you to review our eligible vehicles list when the program reopens to ensure the vehicle you are wanting to purchase or lease is listed.

At this time, we anticipate reopening Spring 2024, when funding is replenished. The OCVRP website will be updated when the program receives funding, so please continue to check the website homepage for program updates. You can also sign up to receive updates on the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program at ordeq.org/OCVRPSignUp.

All vehicles purchased/leased on or after May 1, 2023 are not eligible for the rebate. Eligible vehicles purchased or leased on or after the reopening period will be eligible for the rebate.

For more information regarding our program, please visit our website Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program | Oregon CVRP.

Sincerely,

OCVRP Processing Team
Center for Sustainable Energy®
(855) 383-4425 or 855-EVEHICLE
Learn more about OCVRP at evrebate.oregon.gov/

Upvote 0