Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(Im)patiently waiting for my Model Y.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Real simple situation. Check teslasts.com on a daily basis, when a new car appears that you would reserve it. Lose your original deposit but who cares. I did it even though I ordered on 7/30 and one week later, I have the car in my driveway.

Real simple situation. Check teslasts.com on a daily basis, when a new car appears that you would reserve it. Lose your original deposit but who cares. I did it even though I ordered on 7/30 and one week later, I have the car in my driveway.
But was it a factory fresh VIN, or an older build? A reject from the bastard’s lot in Fremont? Why did it just pop up on inventory rather than being matched to an existing order?

Someone cancelled their order and I was lucky enough to see it pull up on Tesla stats and immediately put an order on it. Five days later, I took delivery, probably could have had it earlier if I was in town. Better than waiting til Dec/Jan/Feb or who knows how long.