Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timeline to buy used Model Y on Tesla.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont have a car right now. Im travelling overseas and plan to come back to SoCal in August. I want to buy used Model Y with Tesla.

How early should I place the order with Tesla?
What happen if I dont come back to the US for delivery date? Do I need to apply for auto loan again and book another car. Lost the deposit?

Thanks everyone

I dont have a car right now. Im travelling overseas and plan to come back to SoCal in August. I want to buy used Model Y with Tesla.

What happen if I dont come back to the US for delivery date? Do I need to apply for auto loan again and book another car. Lost the deposit?

Thanks everyone
Tesla timeliness is unpredictable. It might be very quick but it could also be changed and delayed.

Tesla seldom waits for you if someone else can take over your car.

A sale advisor can transfer your order fee to another car.

Thanks everyone

I can't predict what the market will be like next August but generally speaking, you should be able to take delivery of used MY from Tesla within a week or two once you've found the car you want. How particular you are about what you are looking for (trim, colors, price point, etc.) would be a factor too.