Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Import Duty on UK Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my first Tesla (MY LR) on order as a company car and thought I'd get things moving on a home charger.

I ordered a Wall Connector through the Tesla app earlier this week then got a strange call yesterday from someone purporting to be from DHL. I thought "here we go, scam alert...". He then said I would need to pay approx £44 import duty for a Tesla Wall Connector coming from The Netherlands. Didn't want me to pay it there and then (which I wouldn't have done), it was more informational.

Managed to get through to Tesla in the UK and spoke to someone about it. He confirmed their chargers do indeed ship from The Netherlands, but was unaware there should be any import duty and would escalate it with the commerce team.

I now have tracking information in the Tesla app which takes me to the DHL tracker which indeed confirms that there is an import duty to pay before they will deliver. I won't be paying it and I expect Tesla to foot the bill.

Anyone else come across this?