Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector Gen 3 Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Thought I'll share some of the issues I've had with the Tesla Gen 3 wall connector and ways to fix them. I have been using the wall connector to charge my 3 Highland for the last 6 weeks with no issues.

3 nights ago, I noticed that my Wall Connnector have gone off-line according to my Tesla APP. I tried to reconnect it to my home wifi network but was unsuccessful despite following the instructions on the wall connector section in the Tesla Homepage. I finally managed to reconnect after many attempts using my phone app.

I then found that every time I opened my Tesla Phone app, it would go blank and unresponsive. I then deleted the app and reinstalled the app and also turned the phone on and off. It keep on being blank whenever I turned the app on. After deleting the app and reinstalling it numerous times, I finally managed to get the app to comeback on.

However, the car won't charge . Whenever I tapped on charging on the app, it says charging failed and to try doing it from the screen in the car. The charging icon in the car was unresponsive as well.

I finally called Tesla Roadside Assist and the guy remotely diagnose the problem. He told me there is a communication error between the wall charger and the car. He organised for a new charger to be shipped to the house and electrician to attend under full warranty.

I asked the guy if I can do a factory reset on the wall connector before replacing the wall connector. I followed the steps and guess what? It is now back working.....

So if all things fail......try the factory reset.

Hope this helps if anyone else is having issues with their wall connector.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Thought I'll share some of the issues I've had with the Tesla Gen 3 wall connector and ways to fix them. I have been using the wall connector to charge my 3 Highland for the last 6 weeks with no issues.

3 nights ago, I noticed that my Wall Connnector have gone off-line according to my Tesla APP. I tried to reconnect it to my home wifi network but was unsuccessful despite following the instructions on the wall connector section in the Tesla Homepage. I finally managed to reconnect after many attempts using my phone app.

I then found that every time I opened my Tesla Phone app, it would go blank and unresponsive. I then deleted the app and reinstalled the app and also turned the phone on and off. It keep on being blank whenever I turned the app on. After deleting the app and reinstalling it numerous times, I finally managed to get the app to comeback on.

However, the car won't charge . Whenever I tapped on charging on the app, it says charging failed and to try doing it from the screen in the car. The charging icon in the car was unresponsive as well.

I finally called Tesla Roadside Assist and the guy remotely diagnose the problem. He told me there is a communication error between the wall charger and the car. He organised for a new charger to be shipped to the house and electrician to attend under full warranty.

I asked the guy if I can do a factory reset on the wall connector before replacing the wall connector. I followed the steps and guess what? It is now back working.....

So if all things fail......try the factory reset.

Hope this helps if anyone else is having issues with their wall connector.

Cheers

Its the advanced version of switch off then back on! Well done.

Reactions: EVGL and dronus
My wall connector fell off my wifi network when I upgraded my wifi access point with WPA3. I had to set it to a mode which included WPA2 on one of the radios or it wasn’t happy.
Apart from that it’s been solid.

Reactions: EVGL