Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incomplete trade-in information on App... does this delay delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I provided all information to take delivery on a white Model Y back in late January with initial delivery date of February-March. In that process, I submitted the trade-in information for my Model 3, but I received notification that my pictures were not sufficient. I have a newborn and have been working a ton and have not made time to take new pictures, etc. I noticed my delivery date is now in June.

Could this be from the incomplete trade-in information or are deliveries being pushed out that far for other reasons?

Thanks for any insights!

Reactions: joeinNFLA
I provided all information to take delivery on a white Model Y back in late January with initial delivery date of February-March. In that process, I submitted the trade-in information for my Model 3, but I received notification that my pictures were not sufficient. I have a newborn and have been working a ton and have not made time to take new pictures, etc. I noticed my delivery date is now in June.

Could this be from the incomplete trade-in information or are deliveries being pushed out that far for other reasons?

Thanks for any insights!
I did a trade in on my wife's 2020 Camry LXE Hybrid and I didn't have to take any pictures of the car, other than the odometer to confirm mileage? I pick up my MY on Sunday. No issues.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
It has been reported...especially early to mid 2022 when demand was through the roof....that incomplete trade-in info delays delivery. The trade value is only good for a short time hence the recommendation from everyone here that its best to remove trade until you have a VIN. Same with financing. Most financing approvals are good for 60 days so if your further out then that no reason to apply just yet as you may have to get approval again after 60 days.