Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction wheels - flat tire happens - stock tires aren't made or carried anywhere

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone who has the stock tires on the Induction wheel take a close up picture of the tire?
Let me know if you need any additional photos.

Attachments

• 751831CA-825D-4464-BC5E-7010F17FAFC5.png
    751831CA-825D-4464-BC5E-7010F17FAFC5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
Thank you, any chance of getting the whole tire that shows the tire name? Also, does the tire say what size wheel widths it will fit?
The Tesla Model Y Wheel and Tire Guide. Complete Tesla Model Y Wheel Specs. - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

20" Tesla Model Y Induction Wheel
  • Size: 20X9.5" Front & Rear
  • Offset: +45
  • PCD: 5X114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 31.55 lbs
  • Lug Nut Spec: 21mm Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
  • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
  • Price: $2,000
  • Tire Spec: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 255/40-20 XL 101W Front, Rear
  • Details: This is the optional wheel that costs an additional $2,000 when ordering a Tesla Model Y Long Range Dual Motor.

I am working with Tirerack on their listing for this tire. I told them I think it is wrong and they wanted a picture of the tire. They were going to physically check their warehouse to see if it is indeed a Summer Performance Tire that they have or if it should show as a M+S tire as pictured above. No where I can find shows what widths the tire will fit i.e. 8.5" - 10".

I am working with Tirerack on their listing for this tire. I told them I think it is wrong and they wanted a picture of the tire. They were going to physically check their warehouse to see if it is indeed a Summer Performance Tire that they have or if it should show as a M+S tire as pictured above. No where I can find shows what widths the tire will fit i.e. 8.5" - 10".

I'm 99% sure the tire they have listed as the "summer" tire is indeed the OE all season tire on the induction wheels. As far as what it will fit - just use one of goodyear's other tires that is sized as 255/40/20. In general, yes 8.5-10 is the range a 255 width tire will fit.

Options for 255/40/20 is slim right now. AS3+ out of stock till December. I was going to go with the vredestein quatrac pro and those are out of stock till february now!! Getting off topic as this thread was specifically about the goodyears.

I'm 99% sure the tire they have listed as the "summer" tire is indeed the OE all season tire on the induction wheels. As far as what it will fit - just use one of goodyear's other tires that is sized as 255/40/20. In general, yes 8.5-10 is the range a 255 width tire will fit.

Options for 255/40/20 is slim right now. AS3+ out of stock till December. I was going to go with the vredestein quatrac pro and those are out of stock till february now!! Getting off topic as this thread was specifically about the goodyears.

Tirerack did just call me back and said the warehouse confirmed what they have is the Max Performance Summer but he asked for a picture of the stock tire to compare.

Tirerack did just call me back and said the warehouse confirmed what they have is the Max Performance Summer but he asked for a picture of the stock tire to compare.
I did check my actual tires and see all the designations Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 255/40-20 XL 101W with the ones on my MY and a search at GoodYear appears to show the tire - https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/eagle-f1-asymmetric-all-season?year=2020&make=Tesla&model=Model Y&vo=Long Range&ctid=167434

Note through that GoodYear says it doesn't fit my car. So there is confusion here somewhere. Oh, and while looking at mine, they do have M+S designation.

Very surprising.... like why does that listing have TESLA TO distinction? Tesla doesn't have those tires on any other cars. THe ones that come with the Y are definitely all season with M&S distinction. To make matters more confusing Goodyear's on website says the tires are not made in 255/40/20
Eagle® F1 Asymmetric All-Season Sizes & Specs | Goodyear Tires

Again - this is why I started this thread - absolute cluster F* of information.

The tires that are on the Model Y are definitely M+S. I just need to send a picture with the whole tire to Tirerack so they can confirm or not that is what they have is the same visually. It is a cluster for sure. I have a PUP Y so I am wanting to go down to an all season 20 and this may be the only option for now.

This is the other option but not until February.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...odClar=255/45-19&partnum=54YR0QTPXL&tab=Sizes

The tires that are on the Model Y are definitely M+S. I just need to send a picture with the whole tire to Tirerack so they can confirm or not that is what they have is the same visually. It is a cluster for sure. I have a PUP Y so I am wanting to go down to an all season 20 and this may be the only option for now.

This is the other option but not until February.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Quatrac+Pro&sidewall=Blackwall&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2020&autoModel=Model Y Performance&autoModClar=255/45-19&partnum=54YR0QTPXL&tab=Sizes

I hear ya man... I was going to get the Quatracs but then they went out of stock earlier in the week. AS3+ is back in December and those are very good tires. I'm going to be running 20x8.5" wheels (sitting in my garage right now), so theres a good chance I'll treat myself as a test dummy and get 245/45/20's in a michelin crossclimate SUV (one of THE most popular tires).

Ok, Tirerack confirmed the listing was in error and they have now updated it on their site. Tesla actually ordered me a set and Tirerack's numbers went down so I think this confirms it. @bbmertz Thanks for the photos!
So just to make sure we're clear - tire rack's listing and inventory IS for the original tesla equipment which is the all season tire, not summer tire.

Sidenote - the TSW wheels look cool, but did you make sure to check the load rating? Errr, I just checked for you, 2000lbs - you're all good! Heavy wheels, but you're good to go.

Tabac Alloy Wheels by TSW

Reactions: CO_MY
I called Tirerack and sent them a photo at their request for them to compare to what they had in stock. They sent me an email last night stating that they were correcting the listing on their site after confirming the tires matched. Tesla ordered me a set and Tirerack's in-stock number went down so this could be a coincidence or this is where Tesla gets them from. I have not personally ordered from Tirerack but I would have if Tesla did not order them for me.

I did check the load rating before ordering. I actually didn't even think about the weight (33lbs) but I do not want to spend and extra $1400 to get Martian wheels or even more for a forged wheel from another company. Tsportline wheels are in the 30ish lbs range too. Either way they will be lighter than the Uberturbines.