Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infrastructure Bill to Invest $7.5B into EV Chargers Along Highways

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing like it?

Both are commuter public transport. The scale of NYC subway is much larger, but essentially they both serve the same purpose.

Let me ask you - why do you feel BART is nothing like a subway system?
The NYC subway has 10x the daily ridership as BART, but NYC also has about 10x the population of San Francisco. Each is critical to the local transportation infrastructure, irrespective of their differences.

BART was brought up because of a misunderstanding. The whole discussion was based around the $40 billion bullet train that is now hundreds of billions of dollars and many many years behind schedule, all at taxpayer expense. It was an example of government leading a project like the charging infrastructure Biden is proposing.

Reactions: CyberPilot
The NYC subway has 10x the daily ridership as BART, but NYC also has about 10x the population of San Francisco. Each is critical to the local transportation infrastructure, irrespective of their differences.

Yeah, and I never said they were the same. It’s similar to the subway in the sense that both are mass public transportation systems. Both run on third rail system. BART has the wider gauge (Broad Guage, used in India and Brazil, mainly) and NYC subway uses standard guage.

To say BART is NOTHING like the subway is ridiculous.

BART was brought up because of a misunderstanding. The whole discussion was based around the $40 billion bullet train that is now hundreds of billions of dollars and many many years behind schedule, all at taxpayer expense. It was an example of government leading a project like the charging infrastructure Biden is proposing.

I agree the CA HSRL is mired in a lot of problems, some exacerbated by the incompetence of some govt departments, some brought on by the refusal of BNSF to share their lines.

To conflate the failure of one project with another is the height of shallow, lazy thinking, though.

BTW, Elon’s imperious suggestion of using the Hyperloop instead of traditional railway lines has been proven to be a failure too.

The idea of maintaining near vacuum in a piprline system that needs to be laid as straight as possible.

The whole thing is bunk. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Moderator Note: A number of posts moved to Politics Quarantine and to snippiness. Thread title has been amended.

Politics are allowed at TMC so long as the member's post directly applies to EVs. Tribalistic, hobby politics are not permitted here and will be removed. Personal attacks are also forbidden at TMC and will be removed. Those of you who created a bunch of work for me this morning and delayed my efforts at the Wordle are on my "not happy with you" list, too. Or whatever name you like to give that list. Please follow the Forum Rules going forward and all will be well.

Thanks for understanding and for letting me enjoy my coffee...