Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inquired about SR upgrade Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model 3 SR with AP and FSD last April and picked up the car realizing it's was actually an SR+. Around Jan 2nd it got nerfed back to SR.

This evening I had an online chat with Tesla inquiring about upgrading back to SR+ mostly because I was in the midst of planning a road trip and the extra KMs would take some worry out of it. Here's the important part of the transcript.

Screenshot_20200203-201835.png

If that cost is $4500 USD it is definitely not worth the extra ~35km, fog lights (never use), and immersive audio (meh). I'd pay maybe $1500 CAD for it. I'll contact th service team and see what they say.

• Informative
Reactions: Amdax
90% charge right now is 312kms. Before the nerf it was 348kms. You must be thinking of the SR-
You ordered a SR? The 220mile American version? Or you have the Canadian 150KM??

You’re in Vancouver?? I heard the people who ordered the 220mile version got dropped to 150km version and the American SR doesn’t exist in Canada.

When I took delivery of the car in April there was no 150km version at the time. That came a month or two later so that us Canucks could receive all the rebates. All SR deliveries were SR+ with the intention of them being downgraded whenever Tesla got around to it. So I did get the 240 mile (386 km) version and now it maxes out at 220 miles (354 km)

If that cost is $4500 USD it is definitely not worth the extra ~35km, fog lights (never use), and immersive audio (meh). I'd pay maybe $1500 CAD for it. I'll contact th service team and see what they say.

In the image you posted, it says that its not for sale at any price to Canada. Glad you don't need it at you won't be getting it anytime soon.