Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insane Plus Wait time in cold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using climate control warms the battery if it is cold, alternatively if you are within 10 miles or about 15 minutes from a supercharger you can send the destination remotely to the car via the app and *I believe* it will turn on the battery warmer.

I have pressed the insane plus button once in 2 years.

• Informative
Reactions: LifesAvapor
No but it should be. Many times now I've had someone who knows nothing of the cars ask me a question which turns into about an hour conversation as I squash myths and present facts. During this entire time I know it's going to turn into a ride that will showcase a launch in a P85D. If I could remotely activate this to have it ready when we got it (or even 30min closer) would be very helpful. As it exists now I'm stuck usually explaining how the maximum performance takes 45min or more to heat the battery pack which ends the entire thing on a negative IMO. Sad considering how wonderful the experience is otherwise... oh, other than when I try to demo that it has a web browser. lol