Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instruction for retrofit on a 2016 Model S CSS 1 adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning,
Could you please let me know where I can find any instruction for the retrofit on a 2016 Model S CSS 1 adapter or if someone did it?
Tesla is asking $ 375 for the retrofit and $240 for the adapter. Thank you.

Personally speaking, I would make it "their problem". In other words, if they mess it up, it's on the, The labour cost is really worth it. I may be wrong, but I think the circuit board includes install. The CCS adapter is teak OEM so I wouldn't buy and "clone". You could also join TOCO (Tesla Owners Club of Ontario) and have access to borrow the CCS adapter for up to 2 wks at a time, as a member. Jgdixon

Reactions: KevinT3141
Personally speaking, I would make it "their problem". In other words, if they mess it up, it's on the, The labour cost is really worth it. I may be wrong, but I think the circuit board includes install. The CCS adapter is teak OEM so I wouldn't buy and "clone". You could also join TOCO (Tesla Owners Club of Ontario) and have access to borrow the CCS adapter for up to 2 wks at a time, as a member. Jgdixon
Thank you for your response.

I agree. These are the kind of things you don't want to mess with it. I'm going to let them retrofit my 3 and Y.