Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance details vanished... Except uploaded photo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I already uploaded my AAA insurance policy card scan. I didn't bother uploaded vehicles insured - I didn't think that would matter (I'm in California - so insurance without VIN ok right?)

It was previously showing my uploaded card and separately some fields showing the insurance policy number.

That has disappeared tonight and now it is showing "get telsa insurance quote" but it is greyed out - nothing happens when I click on it.

I tried replace which is only button that works and uploaded a cleaner straighter version of card. Still no changes or fields shown..

No idea what is up...

Here's a pic of what it is currently showing

Screenshot_20200309-193607_Chrome.jpg

Did I upload enough info from my insurance ?

Thought about posting this same thing... Tried several times to upload a cleaner, better positioned picture of my insurance card as well. Think we are just psyching ourselves out trying to read into every little change on the page. For instance, on the mobile version of Tesla account page the delivery addressed changed around this same time from my home address to the address of the nearest delivery center! Are they trying to tell me things are moving forward? This wait is driving me crazy!!!

Reactions: EVJonP
So I already uploaded my AAA insurance policy card scan. I didn't bother uploaded vehicles insured - I didn't think that would matter (I'm in California - so insurance without VIN ok right?)

It was previously showing my uploaded card and separately some fields showing the insurance policy number.

That has disappeared tonight and now it is showing "get telsa insurance quote" but it is greyed out - nothing happens when I click on it.

I tried replace which is only button that works and uploaded a cleaner straighter version of card. Still no changes or fields shown..

No idea what is up...
In California you can drive for few days your brand new car using your previous car insurance.

Note: The most important is the medical liability.

The worse case would be to have your car totaled for some reason,
but this could be nothing compared to a stay at the hospital.

Last edited:
I uploaded the insurance card for my Mercedes. hopefully, it will move the process along and trigger the system to assign me a VIN. Once I get the VIN and a delivery date the the process will be simpler. Not much people can do without the VIN