Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior “fluttering” noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Our 6 month old Model Y has been making this fluttering noise for a little while now whenever the cabin air is on.

It’s quite a structured sound and will happen at regulst intervals until I turn the air off.

Has anyone else seen or heard anything like this before? May save me a trip to the service centre if it’s something we can fix!

Hopefully you can hear it beyond the aircon noise in the video below!

I had that exact noise earlier this year in the winter. I checked service mode and had an error where louvers couldn’t close. I cleared some debris away from the louvers and after a week or two both the noise and error went away. Could be a coincidence but worth checking service mode if you haven’t already.

I had that exact noise earlier this year in the winter. I checked service mode and had an error where louvers couldn’t close. I cleared some debris away from the louvers and after a week or two both the noise and error went away. Could be a coincidence but worth checking service mode if you haven’t already.
Which louvers? Explanation, please?

The OP's post title says his sound is an "Interior 'fluttering' noise." That's why I asked the question.
Yes, the sound I had was from the interior as well. My theory was that it was the louvets trying to close and being unable to. Sound disappeared after my error disappeared. Could be coincidence and completely unrelated, hopefully someone else can chime in if they had the same noise.