Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior A-pillar upholstery repair

Eric552

Jul 3, 2019
Ohio
9FA61AA5-B134-4449-9925-FBDD1AC0AF2D.jpeg
FBC8E777-0330-43F6-93E2-FF34C8C63682.jpeg
I recently had the windows tinted on my new model 3 and noticed this small tear on the top of the drivers side interior A-pillar, unfortunately on the side of the headliner vs the a-pillar itself.

The obvious answer would be to go back to the shop and complain however I can’t convince myself 100% that it was not there before going in and so would prefer to just fix it myself. Does anyone have any suggestions on repair?

I have found a Permatex fabric repair kit that seems to be a sufficient band-aid. Does anyone have experience trying this or think this is something that an auto upholstery shop may have a better solution? Any insight is appreciated!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC