Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior keeps heating to 40 degrees?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 is currently parked at an airport and I won’t be able to get to it for 6 days.

I had an alert about my windows being open. I checked the app and the internal temperature is 38/39 degrees Celsius. Exterior temp is just 22 degrees.

I turn the AC on and within 2 minutes the internal temp is back to 20 degrees. Turn the AC off and it climbs back to 39 degrees after a few minutes.

I’ve checked the cameras and it’s parked in a normal car park amongst other cars. Venting the windows doesn’t seem to help.

Anyone know what this issue is? How is the interior heating up so much by itself when it’s relatively cool outside? Should I be worried?

Attachments

• BF1F4C90-774E-4822-BDA7-83058857AAD2.png
    BF1F4C90-774E-4822-BDA7-83058857AAD2.png
    647.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
My model 3 is currently parked at an airport and I won’t be able to get to it for 6 days.

I had an alert about my windows being open. I checked the app and the internal temperature is 38/39 degrees Celsius. Exterior temp is just 22 degrees.

I turn the AC on and within 2 minutes the internal temp is back to 20 degrees. Turn the AC off and it climbs back to 39 degrees after a few minutes.

I’ve checked the cameras and it’s parked in a normal car park amongst other cars. Venting the windows doesn’t seem to help.

Anyone know what this issue is? How is the interior heating up so much by itself when it’s relatively cool outside? Should I be worried?
Think of the M3 being a green house, so quite normal. Only thing you might need to be aware of, is that having the air con will drain the battery a little, so you need to factor that into your plans somehow.

I have left my M3 at an airport for the last week, with cabin conditioning switched off, and the brief checks I have made, the battery has not dropped 1%

I'm assuming it's just sunny outside so the inside of the car will be much hotter than the outside. My previous C300 also had an app that showed temp and the same thing happens even with smaller windows/sunroof. I've seen that thing reach as high as 150F (65C) in the past.

• Informative
Reactions: DocHolliday