Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Internal fan no longer works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My internal circulating fan stopped working last week. During one drive in rainy conditions prior to it completely stopping, I had turned on the AC to clear the windows. I noticed hearing the fan motor vary in speed, slowing down than speeding back up to the setting I had, and then it just stopped while on the highest setting. I could not get the fan to turn back on during that trip.

The next day, it started to work right away on turning on the car, but stopped working before I got to work that day. By the third day it would no longer run and has not run ever since.

I checked the fan fuse as well as every fuse that seemed to have any chance of being connected to the fan.

I have not tried to locate the fan motor and do anything with it.

I am curious if anyone has had something similar happen and what was the solution. In the meantime, I am booked with the service center for next week. As a side note, they are 30 or more days backlogged to putting people in a loaner so they are using rental rags as alternatives to get folks serviced.