Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory car delivery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a new awd and got matched with a car that is ~2 hours away. Usually how long does it take? My DA gave me a fat ETA (20th of july to 22th of july). He said the car is already in transit so just curious if it took similar people this long. Thanks.

I just bought a new awd and got matched with a car that is ~2 hours away. Usually how long does it take? My DA gave me a fat ETA (20th of july to 22th of july). He said the car is already in transit so just curious if it took similar people this long. Thanks.
I heard people should pay the delivery fee (this is not $1,200) if you get it from other location. Check this before taking action

It’s hard to know what “2 hours away” means. Is it at an offsite lot being transported to a delivery center? Is it on the freeway on a truck? Is it at another delivery location being transferred to one closer to the OP?

The $2,000 fee should not apply here since nobody would pay $2,000 to move a car two hours down the road. They would just drive two hours to the car’s location and pick it up there.

It’s hard to know what “2 hours away” means. Is it at an offsite lot being transported to a delivery center? Is it on the freeway on a truck? Is it at another delivery location being transferred to one closer to the OP?

The $2,000 fee should not apply here since nobody would pay $2,000 to move a car two hours down the road. They would just drive two hours to the car’s location and pick it up there.
Yes from san diego to buena park! My SA said it is going to be on site today so I can pick up tomorrow or this weekend! Nothing about additional fees except for the 1.2k that is included all teslas?

No local inventory of 3P in color I wanted, so I ordered a 3P on Thursday morning. Got a call Thursday afternoon that one was in transit arriving that day without FSD but they would add. Got text in the evening asking if I wanted to pick up Friday afternoon as they needed to detail and prep. Picked up Friday afternoon from Bellevue, WA and took on road trip to Wenatchee for kid’s baseball tournament.

Car is amazing and I have had 7 different new BMW’s over the past and my other car is a Porsche Macan S. Battery was at 22% upon arrival. Watched kid’s game, drove to Leavenworth where there is a new Tesla Supercharger, plugged in and walked to little great Italian restaurant and car was fully charged before appetizer arrived. Tremendous fun and I leased for 24 months as really wanted the Model Y and this was to be a two year test drive. Pre-ordered the Model Y this morning.

Wife is selling her X5 and talking my Macan S for at least the next two years.