Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inverter offline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like one of my inverters stopped working yesterday morning. I flipped both breakers off for a minute, then back on and it still won't work. Is there a specific sequence I need to follow to reset one of my inverters? Second inverter has been functioning fine.

You can see that Inverter2 just dies out ~7am.
1685965269043.png

Even this morning, Inverter1 is producing SOME power while the panels face west, while Inverter2 that's facing directly at the sun is producing nothing.
1685965354885.png

Looks like it possibly threw an error during the daily self-check (happens at 7 am). If you login to the Installer interface you can see the errors and also reboot the inverter. I had a problem like this when my system was first installed and none of the normal troubleshooting steps worked. Took forever for Tesla to come out and check on it and all they did was reboot/reinstall and it started working again.

I did check the installer menu, but it just showed the inverter as "wait for solar" during mid-day when there was plenty of sun.
From that same menu you can Disable and then Re-enable the inverter. That will redo the startup sequence. Sometimes that helps unstick it.

Also, running through a full FW check of the Gateway and the Inverters can sometimes fix stuff. Stuck update or some other glitch.