Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iran and the Brits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just our of curiosity, has anyone heard a reaction to Iran's kidnapping of the 15 British sailors other than, "you are isolated in this matter..." or "we were in Iraqi waters..."? My first reaction was wow, I'll bet the sale of EVs in Great Britain skyrockets. But so far nothing ???

If citizens want to fire back, the only thing I can think of (besides hounding politicians) is to quit buying oil in any form and buy a car like a Zap. Instead, people just want to ignore the fact that we do depend on crazy-ass regimes and governments for our economy to function. Ugh, frustrating. Am I missing something?

Those poor people were in the wrong place at the wrong time, no matter where they were. I am not sure if any of you have ever seen the border line when crossing territory lines on water...there are none. All that happens is you get picked up by a gun ship and you are taken away and are lucky to be alive if they allow you to be and you are usually never seen again. Does anyone recall what happened to Hezbollah and southern Lebanon when the Israeli soldier was captured? Compare the response to a country that lives and knows how to fight within this region to ensure its survival. We are being tested. I don't think we are innocent but feel bad for the situation that those people are in. The Iranian people know our systems and can play the game in a fashion we are not used to. This situation needs to be approached delicately to not throw gasoline(no pun intended) on the inferno that is already raging in that area of the world. That being said, Briton needs to show that it will not allow its parliament to be guided by the actions of the ruler of another nation through the intention of revenge or retribution. Briton has lost the initiative as long as those soldiers remain in their current disposition. May they return safely to their homes and families, God speed.