Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irresponsible thoughts of upgrading my Y to an S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, you absolutely want a refresh S, whether it's the plaid or LR model. The LR model is faster than a p100d on every metric other than 0-60mph...faster in the 1/8 and 1/4. The mid to high range power delivery at highway speeds is like comparing a Hyundai accent (p100d) to a Camaro (refresh LR)
Is the p100d much slower than the raven performance?

I have not had a p100d but a raven perfo and now have LR for daily and to me at least both seems very similar in mid range accel while the perfo had a lot more punch at anything below 40mph.
I agree that over 100mph the new lr seems quicker though

Take this with a grain of salt since I did not do any real measured testing of the LR other than a few 0-60

Is the p100d much slower than the raven performance?

I have not had a p100d but a raven perfo and now have LR for daily and to me at least both seems very similar in mid range accel while the perfo had a lot more punch at anything below 40mph.
I agree that over 100mph the new lr seems quicker though

Take this with a grain of salt since I did not do any real measured testing of the LR other than a few 0-60

The refresh LR is 670hp, the previous versions of the MSP run +/- 770hp for a few years.

The main difference is that the older ones fall on their face after 60mph. The new ones really stretch their legs when they get around 60mph. From a 60mph roll, I have absolutely no doubt a refresh LR would beat the older MSP's, even with 100hp less.

Reactions: leecox