Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is AAA coverage needed with new M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if you will ever use EVgo or not, but with AAA you can "Save more than 10% on our standard fast charging rates – and we waive the monthly membership fees (currently $7.99 per month)!".

AAA Premier also has $50 reimbursement for windshield replacements (if you don't have an all glass option on your policy), $150 reimbursement for home locksmith services and reimbursement for lost luggage or sports equipment (don't know how much..)....

I think with changing times and cars, AAA is trying to stay relevant to it's members. At one time we use to pick up their Travel Books for areas of the country which listed accommodations you could gets discounts at and also places of interest. Now we have internet to research places and the hotels mention discounts on their site with different groups including AAA. That and we also would pick up road maps. Now we have GPS navigate systems in our cars so no need for that really any more at least not like it use to be.

AAA still has benefit even for EV owners and I think they will continue to find ways to give value to their members.

I think with changing times and cars, AAA is trying to stay relevant to it's members. At one time we use to pick up their Travel Books for areas of the country which listed accommodations you could gets discounts at and also places of interest. Now we have internet to research places and the hotels mention discounts on their site with different groups including AAA. That and we also would pick up road maps. Now we have GPS navigate systems in our cars so no need for that really any more at least not like it use to be.

AAA still has benefit even for EV owners and I think they will continue to find ways to give value to their members.

Well said !!! Call me old fashioned, but when I go on a road trip, especially to a new destination, I still carry old fashioned hard copy maps from AAA .....

You guys are making me nostalgic... I used to have 3 "Thomas Bro's" map books in my trunk as I am very directionally challenged. I am a person who can recall a conversation with a person almost word for word a couple years later, but can hardly remember how to get to a restaurant I have been several times before when leaving from a different spot from "the one I normally go to it from".

Anyway, I had thomas brothers guides in my car for LA county, Orange County and San Diego County. Whenever I would go someplace new I would look it up on those maps, and write down the directions on a piece of paper, and then have the paper next to me while driving (pre cellphones, so obviously no smartphone either).

Ever since you could get built in navigation on a car, it was a must have for me, when I could afford it. I didnt even know about those benefits to premier that @jkoya said. I have had premier for years, as well lol. I love registering my car at the AAA office close to me, I use that benefit every year.

I think someone else mentioned this on page 1, but there is also your insurance company. I pay $7 a year for emergency roadside on my State Farm insurance. It supposedly includes towing to the nearest repair center and the first hour of on-site labor (i.e. fixing a flat etc roadside). I have no idea if the service is any good since I haven't had to use them yet.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Not laughing at you guys, just chuckling to myself that we get a car that drives by itself but we need a physical map for directions.

So i'll confess, I haven't tried autopilot yet because I feel old school in that I have to have control...
I'm sure I will get over it soon :)

I think someone else mentioned this on page 1, but there is also your insurance company. I pay $7 a year for emergency roadside on my State Farm insurance. It supposedly includes towing to the nearest repair center and the first hour of on-site labor (i.e. fixing a flat etc roadside). I have no idea if the service is any good since I haven't had to use them yet.

We have SF's roadside, too. Only used it once (flat tire on a busy road; didn't want either of us crouched over in the middle of the street without a way to deflect traffic). Took about 3 hours for the guy to show up, but that might be more to do with the service center than State Farm.