Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it bad to supercharge all the time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am moving to an apartment (getting divorced) and they don't have a charger there like I have at my current house so I will have to use Superchargers all the time. Is this a bad thing for the battery? I have a Level 2 charger at my current house but I won't have that at my new apartment. What else can I do and is supercharging the only way I can charge my car?

All advice is appreciated. Thanks!
I bought a used 2014 Model S with free supercharging in May of 2019, and I use it for rideshare. Every night I charge my car at home, In the morning I go out and drive for about 3 or 4 hours, then go to a supercharger 4 miles from my house, I eat lunch, and go back out and drive for another 3 hours. then repeat the process of charging at home over night. A few months back, I was supercharging, and all of a sudden the rate of charge dropped from about 150 miles per hour, to 60. I moved to another stall, and the same thing was happening. I decided to go to a different charging station, and when I got on the road, and the car seemed have only about half the usual power, so I drove it 4 miles to a Tesla service and had them check it out. They said there was no alerts about a problem, then asked if I supercharge a lot, I said every day, he said maybe not supercharge so much. My looked into it on some Tesla blogs, everybody says not to worry about it.