Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, we were involved in an accident last night. Driving in #2 lane on FSD when a truck in the #3 lane lost control and flipped hitting a box truck in #4 lane then slid into our lane (all very fast and at 76mph). We think a piece of the frame is damaged slightly under the hood on driver side. What do you guys think, is it totaled or not ? Although sentry mode was on,but we weren’t able to watch any videos. This has been ongoing issue with the car and I was about to have service come and look at it. ☹️☹️ but it was on just don’t know how to access it anymore the camera emoji is gone on screen. Any advice?
thank you

Attachments

• 2A9025B3-1647-4702-BE9B-047590F1DC84.jpeg
    2A9025B3-1647-4702-BE9B-047590F1DC84.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 529C5598-41E2-4A87-80BE-1161BC9389E8.jpeg
    529C5598-41E2-4A87-80BE-1161BC9389E8.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 75
  • 73122BE2-E369-4FFA-A441-B8FBD6C249A2.jpeg
    73122BE2-E369-4FFA-A441-B8FBD6C249A2.jpeg
    463.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 3C38A7DB-D2B1-476C-9B3B-D1BBFB9CC5AA.jpeg
    3C38A7DB-D2B1-476C-9B3B-D1BBFB9CC5AA.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 6A7A1603-302E-4DAC-90A1-4FCFA8B81C18.jpeg
    6A7A1603-302E-4DAC-90A1-4FCFA8B81C18.jpeg
    850.7 KB · Views: 67
It’s hard to tell from your photos.. did the airbags go off? There does seem to be significant damage to all body panels ahead of the doors… is there damage anywhere else on the car? If not then it will depend on whether there was internal frame damage (or any sort of damage to the battery from impact or debris).

Given the impact and the kind of debris flying around it’s a good thing you’re safe.

Reactions: Langzaiguy
Upvote 0
It’s hard to tell from your photos.. did the airbags go off? There does seem to be significant damage to all body panels ahead of the doors… is there damage anywhere else on the car? If not then it will depend on whether there was internal frame damage (or any sort of damage to the battery from impact or debris).

Given the impact and the kind of debris flying around it’s a good thing you’re safe.
Thank you for replying. No airbags didn’t go off.

Upvote 0
@Dcmsvm
I had a hit and run in July, and wanted to see what was recorded on the cameras, but I could not find any videos of the crash on the USB key. For some reason, the few minutes before and after the incident were recorded properly, but not the crash itself...
However I ran a hard disk recovery tool and was eventually able to find the videos of the accident. I still don't know why they were "erased" though.
I suggest you do the same, you may still have a chance to recover the videos of your accident!
It was not crucial for me to get these videos since the guy who hit me was followed by a police car and got caught almost immediately, but I still wanted to recover the videos in case the police needed video evidence.

Upvote 0

Thank you for replying. No airbags didn’t go o
@Dcmsvm
I had a hit and run in July, and wanted to see what was recorded on the cameras, but I could not find any videos of the crash on the USB key. For some reason, the few minutes before and after the incident were recorded properly, but not the crash itself...
However I ran a hard disk recovery tool and was eventually able to find the videos of the accident. I still don't know why they were "erased" though.
I suggest you do the same, you may still have a chance to recover the videos of your accident!
It was not crucial for me to get these videos since the guy who hit me was followed by a police car and got caught almost immediately, but I still wanted to recover the videos in case the police needed video evidence.
Could you please tell me how you ran a hard disk recovery? We weren’t at fault but I still want the footage. Thank you so much

Upvote 0
Could you please tell me how you ran a hard disk recovery? We weren’t at fault but I still want the footage. Thank you so much
Sure! I used "Disk Drill" on my Mac, but you could use any other similar tool on Mac or Windows. It scans your hard drive or USB stick to find and recover all erased files.
Most are paid tools, but it's worth the money in cases like these. If the drive was not formatted, there's a good chance you might recover the video files you need!

Upvote 0