Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my Model Y 2023 long range total loss or totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been involved in a accident and rear ended a truck. Can someone please help me if my car will be repairable or a total loss. I don't see any frame damages but only the quarter panel seems to be damaged. The workshop mentioned they cannot take the car for repair for the next 60 days and my insurance provider is tesla. I don't have a rental car also so it shouldn't add in the repair costs.

Does tesla come to a decision before goin to the workshop for repair as it in IAA tow yard. I didn't see any frame damaged visible but passenger side quarter panel looks affected.

cc: @Soul Surfer @DAnna Hayes @bigroccrek @Heath Watte @NikolaSmiljan @Zdubz @jeanettemld @
: I have seen you people has responded to similar threads or been in a same position. I would like to get your advice.

Attachments

• C5.jpeg
    C5.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 76
  • C4.jpeg
    C4.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 52
  • C3.jpeg
    C3.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 55
  • C2.jpeg
    C2.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 51
  • C1.jpeg
    C1.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I hate trucks.
Even with Model Y being a bit higher than a sedan, your bumper still didn't for impacted. Otherwise there would have been much less damage. Most likely saving the hood.

Did you not have the forward collision warning in assist mode?

I hate trucks.
Even with Model Y being a bit higher than a sedan, your bumper still didn't for impacted. Otherwise there would have been much less damage. Most likely saving the hood.

Did you not have the forward collision warning in assist mode?

The guy ahead of me has a plumbing company truck whish stopped in 2 seconds. In 1 second i saw red light and other second it stopped. In my case i started breaking and hit hard brakes for 4 seconds but the car didn't stop.

The guy ahead of me has a plumbing company truck whish stopped in 2 seconds. In 1 second i saw red light and other second it stopped. In my case i started breaking and hit hard brakes for 4 seconds but the car didn't stop.
I hate the way trucks are made these days. Big and lifted. Danger to other vehicles and pedestrians. Ironically, smaller and lower truck are much more capable.

I’ll bet it’s totaled. The crush cans didn’t seem to get used so all the force went into the inner frame/strut towers. That much crush took out the cooling radiators and may have taken out the octo valve plus compressor from garbage in the line/lose of Freon while running. Pyrotechnic fuses under rear seat probably blew because I am guessing most of the airbags went off. So you have “frame”
Damage, suspension damage, cooling damage, airbags, pyrotechnics and sensors. From a pure liability POV, most insurance companies won’t touch it for repair.

I’ll bet it’s totaled. The crush cans didn’t seem to get used so all the force went into the inner frame/strut towers. That much crush took out the cooling radiators and may have taken out the octo valve plus compressor from garbage in the line/lose of Freon while running. Pyrotechnic fuses under rear seat probably blew because I am guessing most of the airbags went off. So you have “frame”
Damage, suspension damage, cooling damage, airbags, pyrotechnics and sensors. From a pure liability POV, most insurance companies won’t touch it for repair.
@SteelClouds : the airbags are not deployed and I saw some leak after the damage assuming it was a wiper fluid not coolant.

Reactions: SteelClouds