Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is MY PUP worth 10K?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY Performance gets faster acceleration, higher top speed, 21" wheels, performance brake, and a spoiler. Would anyone pay $10k for that? Compare this upgrade to any traditional day manufacturer, it's a bargain (just check out Porsche 911 vs 911S vs 9114S...etc). But is it necessary, that's for the individual to decide.

I believe your argument is that software upgrade doesn't hold a value or worth as much as a hardware value. I think that's a highly debatable topic. As for FSD, I can see your point (and agree) that you own the software and you should have power to take it with you to the next car.
It may be a bargain compared to other manufacturers’ Performance vehicles but is it a bargain compared to the Tesla Model 3? I think not.

No track mode even. C’mon...

The part numbers have been confirmed different (though it looks like the first AWDs shipped with the perf part number). Though I don’t know if it’s been confirmed what, if any hardware differences there are, or if they’re just binned/manufactured to tighter tolerances at the upper limit.
I wish Tesla was more forthcoming with this information. Why don't they use that for marketing of the higher performance? Tesla Model Y Performance with motors build withstand the performance or some bullshit like that.
Anyway, if what you are saying is true then difference between AWD-LR and PUP is not just software unlock.

Reactions: firerock