Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a list of all known bugs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A software company will typically have a website where users can report, vote on, and read up on bugs, so that the company knows the size of each issue, and users don't waste time reporting the same bug. Does anything like that exist for Tesla? Either run by company or one of the major user communities?

I put in a feature request that known bugs are listed under the software release. It is amazing that they don’t have this because they would not need an enormous support staff to explain to everyone reporting an issue that it is a known bug and is expected to be fixed in release X.Y or are actively working on the issue with assigned release to be assigned.
Let’s hope for their sake they do this soon or they won’t be able to hire enough customer support people.
They need more regression testing. Not only defined test sequences but also extensive random try to do the most absurd try to break the software testing.

I can cause the computer to reboot by pressing voice control and then cancelling it (or do whatever) and just as the voice control window starts to drop, repeatedly touch the bottom left where this little window goes off at the bottom. I can cause it to reboot almost 100% of the time. UIs need to be much more robust than this by construction.

I put in a feature request that known bugs are listed under the software release. It is amazing that they don’t have this because they would not need an enormous support staff to explain to everyone reporting an issue that it is a known bug and is expected to be fixed in release X.Y or are actively working on the issue with assigned release to be assigned.
Let’s hope for their sake they do this soon or they won’t be able to hire enough customer support people.
They need more regression testing. Not only defined test sequences but also extensive random try to do the most absurd try to break the software testing.

I can cause the computer to reboot by pressing voice control and then cancelling it (or do whatever) and just as the voice control window starts to drop, repeatedly touch the bottom left where this little window goes off at the bottom. I can cause it to reboot almost 100% of the time. UIs need to be much more robust than this by construction.
How do you put in a feature request?

I don't think there's one list, or even several, as there are multiple versions of the software out there. If you have shuffling software versions, you can't really have any kind of definitive list. At least publicly. I would guess that there's a bugspray kind of list internally, with multiple columns, but if I were a developer I wouldn't want the general user base to have access to it, just people who understand the coding process.