Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is This The First Used 2.5 For Sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!

Not sure how the dealer can blame Yahoo though...

He said at first he thought it was a sport, pulled the ad, and then yahoo never changed it. Apparently he never did the ad directly with Yahoo, they just reposted from somewhere else. He gave me $500 to help with the shipping costs for the misunderstanding. I never trust a used car salesman anyway, so it was probably just a line of BS. Whatever the case, it motivaed me to fly to Chicago, test drive the car, and return home within 24hrs. Can you say impulse buy? lol I didn't understand fully what I was buying, and he didn't understand fully what he was selling. No regrets though, it is an amazing car.

I just had this car delivered to my house in Fresno on Monday, I am very excited to own this car. I made the deal over the phone assuming it was the sport, I knew the differences in price, but not really on what to look for. After I got the car I got home and realized it was not the sport, I called the dealer and he said it was yahoo's fault since the ad was posted there. I probably paid too much for the car, 79,500, but I LOVE it. By the time I bought it there was 715 miles on it. 1060 is a 2.5. Glad to be part of the club!

Yahoo's fault. Uh huh. The dealer wrote the ad.

That said, it sounds like a good price for a Base 2.5.

FYI... My #1026 is a 2.5, but I ordered it on June 15th before the 2.5 was announced. The day the 2.5 was announced I got a phone call telling me my car was going to be the new 2.5 design and Tesla was honoring my contracted price even though with my options it would cost a bit more. :) If I would have known that I would have ordered more options. :-( It was delivered Sept 1st. (They could have delivered it the day before but I was surprised and was too busy to accept the car then.)