Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue upon receiving my Model S 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP: sorry for being off topic, but I'm curious, does your name mean "crazy chinese"?
Not to side track but every time I see her post I chuckle a bit with the cool name. It is more subtle and a phrase of endearment without the connotations associated here in the U.S. A cultural thing.

Sorry to hear about your experience Loka. I can just imagine how frustrating it could be after all the build-up and anticipation to receive the car and then this happens. None the less, I'm sure Tesla will come through and you'll enjoy your ride.

You'll be set soon! I'm sure of it!

Did I set a record from having a brand new car for less that 3hrs and needed to take it back to them due to malfunction.. I guess it’s not a brand new car after all. Ugh!!

No. There's plenty of stories of people not being able to even drive off with their brand new car. Also, sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but end of quarter is about the worst time to take delivery of a Tesla. Their production schedule is such that service centers are absolutely overloaded in those periods. Meaning they have to take short cuts here and there (such as not cleaning cars as well as they should) and take a longer time to fix anything that comes up. Expect additional delays.

I just got a Inventory vehicle and it has 1k miles on it. It was a loaner. Before I purchased it, I told them I must see the car since it was local and it has the ultra white seats. I was a bit nervous to buy it since I heard stories like this.. but when I saw it. It was brand new and in excellent condition! So win/win for everyone.

• Love
Reactions: navguy12
Have to agree on the seats, my 2017 SP100D has wrinkled leather and a crease in the drivers seat that makes the seats not look great. I have seen this on more than one Model S, seats just do not look high quality in general. Even tester I originally drove had a similar crease in the drivers seat. When I took delivery a few weeks ago I raised the issue and my DS agreed they would have their detail guy see if he could remove the crease at least, but I haven't taken it back yet.