Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's actually here! And in perfect condition!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After some crazy delivery problems--the car that was supposed to be delivered had an air bag sensor problem, so Tesla decided not to deliver that car and notified me that they were delivering another car with the same configuration. Needed to change my insurance re the new VIN#. When car was delivered yesterday, following the check list (thanks, folks), it was the car that was originally scheduled to be delivered. The air bag sensor problem was a loose wire that was easily fixed. Back to the insurance company to change the VIN once again.

Other than that, delivery was seamless. The courier delivering the car was terrific and she spent about a half hour going over the rudiments necessary for driving safely and answering a ton of my wife's questions.

For those of you concerned about the quality of your yet not delivered car, my car (M3, DM, AWD, RMC) was in perfect condition.Paint was as good as you would expect on any new car (actually better than on my daughter's Lexus, which required some touch-up) and the myriad problems reported by some purchasers of the RMC simply didn't exist. Inside and out, the quality of the finishing is impeccable. Hope that's a sign that Tesla has gotten its act together and those awaiting delivery can relax about the quality of their vehicle.

BTW, the Dual Motor badge was on the car and, to me, it looked great.

Spent about a half hour acquainting myself with the screen and once I got a sense of the icons and their functions, it seems perfectly logical and easy to master. Will take it out for a spin (hopefully, not literally) and see if it feels as simple to operate when actually driving.

It really is an incredibly impressive car, and for those of you who are waiting, it's worth the wait.

Good luck!

Our Model 3 was delivered a few weeks ago. Just today, I finally got a chance to really look it over closely and I cannot find any imperfections. The paint is immaculate and the panel gaps are aligned very well. Not 100% perfect, but as good as most quality cars I’ve seen. No interior issues either. I’m very happy with the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe