Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got delivery from Autonomy for blue model 3 standard range - lumbar not working on DRIVER side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I just pulled the trigger on a brand new 2022 Model 3 base. Everything seems to be solid in my delivery, I haven't found any major cosmetic defects in the trim or fit and finish of the vehicle and I'm very happy with it after two whole days! However, I did notice that the lumbar support button on the DRIVER side is not working. I don't really use it much, I generally put it on a very minimal setting in other cars I've driven, but I found it troubling that the button is there and it's not working.

I know they deleted the lumbar support on the passenger side, but I didn't think they did so on the driver side! Is this something I should report back on? Also, I was told the floor mats and standard 110V home charger are on backorder and I would receive them at a later date. :) No biggie as they included the J adaptor and I already have an JuceBox EV charger at home.

Reactions: SlimJim
"Button does not work" is different from "missing." Sounds like something is broken or incorrectly installed. Make a service appointment to get it fixed.

(moderator note)

I agree... thread title changed from "missing" to "not working" as those denote two fairly different things, as you mention.

==================================

(regular content post)

OP, I agree with @tm1v2 . I havent seen anything about lumbar on drivers side being deleted or anything, so I believe you have a service issue. I would submit a service request through the app for it, if you verify that pushing the lumbar button doesnt do anything when you try to set it to both min and max settings.

Thanks everyone for your responses and moderator for changing the title. I made the assumption that Tesla just recently did something silly (like the article I read about them removing/unhooking the middle speaker from the dash?) so.. Glad to know that's not the case, and I'll contact Autonomy and see what they want me to do since they're responsible for the maintenance of the car (I'm sure they will probably just submit the request on my behalf)..