TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just got RPM Tesla PPF and Ceramic Coat

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Promo714, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Promo714

Promo714 Member

661135FD-01FC-4F8B-932A-66C27CC604FC.jpeg 4F3459B9-08A6-4501-BE67-5D76461224D2.jpeg 4D67561F-E87D-48D1-8690-C239154F9D87.jpeg I got a red RWD with 18" aero. Picked it up at Costa Mesa, drove it 20 miles home, and then parked it before leaving on a week long vacation.

Day after I got back I drove it to RPM for a 3M full front PPF (their option 3) and then ceramic coating. Before application they did about 10 hours of paint correction (it looked like Tesla had run it through a brush car wash). I also have them install the interior wrap on the center console, dash, and door and window switch areas. The pattern I used is called matrix and it works well with the interior. It even matches the material Tesla puts in the cupholders.

Someone will probably ask, so I think my total cost was around $3,700 because of the extra paint correction time that was necessary. Call them and they'll send you a price list for all their installed services. There are multiple options.

Overall, they did a great job and it looks really good. Mark, the owner, was very thorough and informative and they did everything they said they would within the time-frame they committed to. Wouldn't hesitate to you use them again and highly recommend them based on my experience.

I had planned on chrome delete but seeing it in person made me reconsider. Plus the chrome started to. grow on my and I think it's a good contrast to the gray of the wheels.

Next up is ceramic tint through the group buy at Rodz Tint.

Attached Files:

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

For several hundred more your whole car could have been wrapped ...you overpaid IMO using a basic film ...;):(

• Like x 1
  3. Promo714

Promo714 Member

Forgot to say I picked it up last Friday (8/3) from RPM.

4. Promo714

Promo714 Member

Hey thanks for your input. You've made the world a better place...

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  5. forkee

forkee Member

Nice! I also did the matrix black! I agree, love it's stock look. The fitment was a little off on the steering wheel though, I don't think they cut the pieces perfectly. Also the dash piece was a pos putting on, I was swearing at it the entire process.

6. Promo714

Promo714 Member

Yeah, that's why I had them install it. If I had done it, I would have had pieces in my hair, some pieces left over, a small dog that wasn't mine sitting in the back seat... Better for me to let the professionals do it. I did notice some areas where there are hairline gaps between the wrap and the edge of the switch platforms. More like they trimmed it wrong here and there. Not enough for a normal person to notice, though, so I let it slide.

• Funny x 2
  7. Adam3

Adam3 Member

That's about 50% more expensive than the 5 film/detailing shops I contacted in Orange County. They sure do abide by the Tesla Tax!

• Love x 1
  8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

...and using the cheapest PPF to boot !:eek::rolleyes::(

9. OptAdam

OptAdam Member

Congratulations :) I hope you enjoy the car more now knowing it is protected. And I am sure it looks great!

10. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

Congrats on getting protection for your new Model 3! Even though pricing for your PPF and ceramic coating is a bit on the expensive side at last you have peace of mind your investment is protected.

I paid $2,600 to get full front PPF, ceramic coating entire coat, window tint all windows (rear/front).

I suggest others who are looking to get any of these protection on their Model 3 to shop around for the best price and to know the shop are qualified to do work correctly on Model 3s.

• Like x 1