Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got RPM Tesla PPF and Ceramic Coat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
661135FD-01FC-4F8B-932A-66C27CC604FC.jpeg 4F3459B9-08A6-4501-BE67-5D76461224D2.jpeg 4D67561F-E87D-48D1-8690-C239154F9D87.jpeg I got a red RWD with 18" aero. Picked it up at Costa Mesa, drove it 20 miles home, and then parked it before leaving on a week long vacation.

Day after I got back I drove it to RPM for a 3M full front PPF (their option 3) and then ceramic coating. Before application they did about 10 hours of paint correction (it looked like Tesla had run it through a brush car wash). I also have them install the interior wrap on the center console, dash, and door and window switch areas. The pattern I used is called matrix and it works well with the interior. It even matches the material Tesla puts in the cupholders.

Someone will probably ask, so I think my total cost was around $3,700 because of the extra paint correction time that was necessary. Call them and they'll send you a price list for all their installed services. There are multiple options.

Overall, they did a great job and it looks really good. Mark, the owner, was very thorough and informative and they did everything they said they would within the time-frame they committed to. Wouldn't hesitate to you use them again and highly recommend them based on my experience.

I had planned on chrome delete but seeing it in person made me reconsider. Plus the chrome started to. grow on my and I think it's a good contrast to the gray of the wheels.

Next up is ceramic tint through the group buy at Rodz Tint.

Attachments

• ACCB2089-789C-439F-ADC3-3C51721538E9.jpeg
    ACCB2089-789C-439F-ADC3-3C51721538E9.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 193
  • E89F943B-05C8-4B3E-8890-2C8C3DA62942.jpeg
    E89F943B-05C8-4B3E-8890-2C8C3DA62942.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 201
  • F28398E2-D9F4-432C-9472-027299465565.jpeg
    F28398E2-D9F4-432C-9472-027299465565.jpeg
    687 KB · Views: 200
Nice! I also did the matrix black! I agree, love it's stock look. The fitment was a little off on the steering wheel though, I don't think they cut the pieces perfectly. Also the dash piece was a pos putting on, I was swearing at it the entire process.

Nice! I also did the matrix black! I agree, love it's stock look. The fitment was a little off on the steering wheel though, I don't think they cut the pieces perfectly. Also the dash piece was a pos putting on, I was swearing at it the entire process.
Yeah, that's why I had them install it. If I had done it, I would have had pieces in my hair, some pieces left over, a small dog that wasn't mine sitting in the back seat... Better for me to let the professionals do it. I did notice some areas where there are hairline gaps between the wrap and the edge of the switch platforms. More like they trimmed it wrong here and there. Not enough for a normal person to notice, though, so I let it slide.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and forkee
Congrats on getting protection for your new Model 3! Even though pricing for your PPF and ceramic coating is a bit on the expensive side at last you have peace of mind your investment is protected.

I paid $2,600 to get full front PPF, ceramic coating entire coat, window tint all windows (rear/front).

I suggest others who are looking to get any of these protection on their Model 3 to shop around for the best price and to know the shop are qualified to do work correctly on Model 3s.

Reactions: P85_DA
HelloJohnny, where did you get your work done and which PPF, ceramic coating, and tint did you end up using? Thanks.

x2 :) @HelloJohnny which shop did you get your work done?

Here what I got done:

PPF: 3M Stotch Guard (Full front - Hood, Bumper, Fenders, Mirrors) - They used pre-cut template
Tint: Suntek CIR (Ceramic Tint) 35% all around, Rear window one-piece, front windshield 70%
Ceramic Coating: Ceramic Pro 9H (5-year warranty)
Price: $2,600 OTD but it was a deal I got early in July when I took delivery, prices may gone up or down.

Shop: Socal Tint Shop - Chino, CA

I also paid about $3700 with tax for extra paint correction before xpel full frontal wrap with mirrors plus rocker panels and ceramic coat to all paint and glass.

$500 for Pinacle Ceramic Tint 30% all around with one piece rear window/roof which was an extra $100 or would have been four hundred. Window tint was all 'hand cut' as the installer did not like the templates used for the model 3.

Here what I got done:

PPF: 3M Stotch Guard (Full front - Hood, Bumper, Fenders, Mirrors) - They used pre-cut template
Tint: Suntek CIR (Ceramic Tint) 35% all around, Rear window one-piece, front windshield 70%
Ceramic Coating: Ceramic Pro 9H (5-year warranty)
Price: $2,600 OTD but it was a deal I got early in July when I took delivery, prices may gone up or down.

Shop: Socal Tint Shop - Chino, CA
Thanks! I’ll check them out.