Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Got Tires Changed. Is this Damage Acceptable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my tires changed today at Firestone. Installed some Ion Evo AS. Pretty good so far. That's not the issue though.
I'm very particular about my stuff and sometimes can be TOO particular so I want to get my fellow 3 owners advice.
This is the damage I found on the tires:

They lost one of my center caps but they said they'll reimburse me once I purchase one from Tesla.
Some damage around the lug holes (chips) but I'll chalk it up to unavoidable.
My main issue is the way they removed the existing balancing magnets from the inside of the wheels.
I'm not sure if there is a certain method to remove them but they look like they just went crazy with a screwdriver.
Is this damage within scope or is this something I should bring up to the manager?
A part of me says "it's not visible until you get up close and look for it" but at the same time another part is like "they did this on 3 of the 4 wheels"

Is this something I should just ignore or should I give them a call.
They also left my white seats disgustingly stained.

Also, is it normal for them to use TEN weights on one tire? Other three have about 4-5 but my driver side rear has ten.

...went crazy with a screwdriver.
Too amateur! They should use an appropriate tool: Scaper. That's what they use in Pepboys in my small town:

62972_P_Beauty-WEB.jpg

Some damage around the lug holes (chips) but I'll chalk it up to unavoidable.
It is avoidable if they use the right tool, Wheel Lug Cap Cover Remover:

71fF3vK5-OL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Either they are too poor to use the right tools or they never learned about the right tools in auto mechanic school.