Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Side rear tire blowout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! As the title says my driver side rear tire blew out and I need to replace it. I purchased a spare and it should be here friday to which I will then have to tow my car to a repair shop. Has anyone ever had Firestone replace a tire out on their model 3? If so, how was it? I'm mainly worried as to how they will get the car on a lift etc if one tire is blown out.

Here is an image of the damage, does anyone know if the rims are still okay based off this?

is your car still under warranty? if yes, call tesla road side, ask for a spare, install spare and I would take it to discount tires to get it install with the new replacement tire. If you have jack and tools, you could swap your wheels with the loaner. and return the loaner back to service center. I have do that on my X before.

Rim looks fine from the side we can see. If this flat was just from ignoring all the low tire warnings for countless miles, then the inner side of the rim is probably fine as well. But if you hit something huge to cause an instant "blowout" then your rim is probably mangled on the inner edge where it hit.

There's nothing unusual about the tires or Teslas that Firestone will struggle with and it's easy to jack the front corner high enough to get a jack under the rear. They've done this a million times on cars much lower than yours.

Reactions: SoodTheDude