Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KBB Not able to value 2021 MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i am seriously considering selling off my Model Y long range with FSD and towing package. 6k miles and perfect condition.
Midnight grey with black interior. KBB won't give me a value prolly due to it being too new. What would be a reasonable private sale
value? Was thinking of going CarMax as I did with my S last year. Going back to the Chevy Volt....2018. Long story.

Yup was rear ended coming back from vegas, had car 6 weeks. its all fixed now, waiting to get back 3 windows re-tinted.
Oh man, sorry to hear that! It could very well be that it's showing up...

I keep trying to get a quote from Carvana since they're instant, but my car "stumps them" and they need me to chat with them. It's a Nov 2020 Model Y LR with about 3,500 miles on it... but even if I put 10k miles it stumps them.

I'm so curious what it would get in this market and with FSD. I'm not really LOOKING to sell... but honestly I might consider if I could instead get into a Performance Model Y without FSD and either be in the same place financially or a very little hit.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Oh man, sorry to hear that! It could very well be that it's showing up...

I keep trying to get a quote from Carvana since they're instant, but my car "stumps them" and they need me to chat with them. It's a Nov 2020 Model Y LR with about 3,500 miles on it... but even if I put 10k miles it stumps them.

I'm so curious what it would get in this market and with FSD. I'm not really LOOKING to sell... but honestly I might consider if I could instead get into a Performance Model Y without FSD and either be in the same place financially or a very little hit.
I can’t get Carvana to give me quote either. very annoying.

Vroom will give you an offer in about 24 hours. And most likely an absurdly high one, as they did for me (I didn't wind up selling). Good luck with your sale.
+1. About a month ago Vroom offered me $64k on my 2021 MSM MYP (no FSD, no tow) with 7,400 miles. I didn't sell but wanted to confirm this crazy used car market I've heard so much about. I was shocked to see they were willing to offer more than I paid for it some 8 months ago.

+1. About a month ago Vroom offered me $64k on my 2021 MSM MYP (no FSD, no tow) with 7,400 miles. I didn't sell but wanted to confirm this crazy used car market I've heard so much about. I was shocked to see they were willing to offer more than I paid for it some 8 months ago.
Vroom just offered me $50,000 for a 10 month old LR MY with 6,400 miles and with FSD, Acceleration Boost, no Tow package. I thought that was ridiculously low. I’m thinking about selling and upgrading to the 2021 LR MY with the current upgrades and even maybe pushing it off until the 4680 structual batteries etc.

Vroom just offered me $50,000 for a 10 month old LR MY with 6,400 miles and with FSD, Acceleration Boost, no Tow package. I thought that was ridiculously low. I’m thinking about selling and upgrading to the 2021 LR MY with the current upgrades and even maybe pushing it off until the 4680 structual batteries etc.
There probably isn't a huge reason to upgrade to a current Model Y unless you were going to switch it up and go Performance or something. The little changes are nice, but there isn't really anything major. Structural battery would be worth it, but I doubt we'll even see that next year in large volume. I wouldn't be surprised if we first saw it on Performance Y but even then it sounds like they're having issues with that... (I'm sure they'll get it done, but maybe 2023 or something)

Reactions: Clark_Kent
There probably isn't a huge reason to upgrade to a current Model Y unless you were going to switch it up and go Performance or something. The little changes are nice, but there isn't really anything major. Structural battery would be worth it, but I doubt we'll even see that next year in large volume. I wouldn't be surprised if we first saw it on Performance Y but even then it sounds like they're having issues with that... (I'm sure they'll get it done, but maybe 2023 or something)
You’re probably right but I was curious with the current market and then disappointed by the Vroom offer. I do like the idea of a heated steering wheel lIrving in the northeast US, the double paned front glass, new wipers that spray enough to actually clean the entire windshield. Lol. I do love my car. It’s beautiful and fast and sexy as hell.

I agree. The best Tesla is the next Tesla. There are no material upgrades on the current model to justify getting rid of my car. I missed the USB in glovebox by one week, heated steering wheel by about 6 weeks, and the upgraded center console and headlights by a few months.