Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping the windscreen clear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in a moderate climate country, no big extremes. It's summer now. I'm a bit annoyed that I can't seem to get the climate options right that will stop my screen from slightly fogging on the inside. There are lots of 'buttons' and air directions but nothing works. I have to resort to turning on the 'screen' icon on the toolbar but it makes a noise and pumps air and has then to be turned off. Is there something simple that should be done

Thanks

If the above doesn't do it for you I'd suggest giving it a good clean and then do the following:

- use Gyeon Prep to remove any residue
- Apply CarPro Fog Fight

Fog Fight is amazing stuff and solved my quick fogging up issues when entering underground parking garages when the humidity changes rapidly during a rain storm, etc.

Reactions: KeithT
I struggled for a bit but I found that it's actually not fogging up in the traditional sense but that it had some greasy haze stuff which I'm guessing was left over from the factory (someone suggested that it was the dash material off-gasing). It was especially prominent during sunset.

Using anything like traditional window cleaner or isopropyl alcohol just smeared it around more. I finally had a go cleaning it with methylated spirits and that did a great job cleaning it off.

Reactions: KeithT
Thanks everyone, great advice. I cleaned the inside with Mr Muscle (how could that fail), set climate to Auto and temp to 21C and off we went. No problems. Will monitor but it looks as if Tesla Motors Club has the answers courtesy of a great community.