Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping your Tesla clean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of interest what snow foam do you use?

Valet Pro Foamula 1

It's good stuff, but then again I've never done any comparison tests so I couldn't honestly tell you how much better/worse it is than other brands. All I know is that the beading is just as good after two washes, so the foam wouldn't appear to have effected the properties of the ceramic coating.

I use the foam with the 'gyeon q2m bathe essence' shampoo and a wool wash mitt.

I would really recommend a ceramic coating. Never done one before, but after reading Tesla paint can be a bit on the sensitive side I thought I would give it a go and opted for the Carpro CQuartz UK 3.0.

I am certainly no pro detailer or anything and found it really easy to apply...there are nuances in the instructions regarding timing/stages so just give them a thorough read and you'll be very pleased with the results.

Washed it twice since and the beading still looks amazing - the water hardly sits on the sides of the car at all.

The only thing that doesn't come off from snow foam alone are bits of tar (never had a white car before so these now stand out like a sore thumb!!)...quick wash with shampoo/mitt though and these lift away easy.

...I'd say it took me 6 hours from picking up the jet wash to sticking all the cloths in the wash at the end. Prepare for some sore shoulders/forearms the next day though!! :D
I've just ordered some of this, looking forward to a free workout :D

£40 sound about right?

I got the 50ml version, as i have often found myself 'liberal' with application of products in the past and didn't want to run out. However, I did my upmost with this to try and stick to the instructions and have well over half the bottle left so that's a bit of a guide - i did only do one coat though.

Paid £54.99 for it.

Personally, I would ask the people that live and breathe this stuff...give the people at any of the online detailing/cleaning stores a call. There may well be some 'up selling' you need to push back on (it's their job at the end of day), but they will explain what you might need and why.

Oh the subject of car cleaning/ceramic coats/snow foam etc, no one has mentioned all the c*ap that I assume will be in these products that then gets washed into the country's sewers. What are the eco/biodegradable options for eg snow foam?

It's an good point and i can honestly say i have never considered it.

Snow foam or no snow foam, washing your car at home means you are still washing iron, tar etc. off your car and into the drains. Maybe they have different ways of processing this...IDK?! I would imagine with all the other nasty stuff out there the environment agency are heavily understaffed and can't take the fight to everyone!

Surely there will be biodegradable options out there for the snow foam though, same goes for shampoo too I guess!

So you wash your car with acid rain, no soap and zero buckets. I’m sure it will look great after a couple years if that.
Yup, British sarcasm doesn't translate
So you wash your car with acid rain, no soap and zero buckets. I’m sure it will look great after a couple years if that.
Yup, British sarcasm doesn't translate well to written text. ;)