Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Card Doesn't work 100% of the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My key card doesn't work when I place it on the pillars. It only works when I first press the door handle, the screen inside turns on, then I can put the key card on the pillars and it unlocks the car.

Does this happen to anyone else? I thought I could just walk up to the car with the key card and unlock. Is this a software issue or take it to a service center to get it looked at?

My key card doesn't work when I place it on the pillars. It only works when I first press the door handle, the screen inside turns on, then I can put the key card on the pillars and it unlocks the car.

Does this happen to anyone else? I thought I could just walk up to the car with the key card and unlock. Is this a software issue or take it to a service center to get it looked at?

When I place the card next to the pillar, the horn would go off to signal me it's lock or unlock. The mirrors would fold or unfold to signal me the lock/unlock status.

It is optional to first try to open the door with the handle to wake up the car. But not a requirement to use the card.

Upvote 0