Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Knocking from front suspensions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

coach

Mar 2, 2018
UK
Hi all, new here first post.
I've had a Model S 75 for nearly a year. I am getting a knocking sound what feels like from the front suspension but only on a full lock turns and then it feels as if the wheel has dropped into a hole or something and the knocking stops. Spoke to the service centre and they say it is consistent with the Model S. I am not convinced. Is anyone else experience this?

Hi Moulari, I did read the other posts but my experience is somewhat different in that it is not a rattle and only happens on a full lock turn and then there is the drop.
Where do I find the build date - I bought it April 2017.

Build date is on a white sticker - on the bottom of the center pillar.
We have two S's both built 9/17 - one with 19 inch wheels another with 21's neither of which make this noise on full lock. Maybe others can chime in here on their experience.

Hi all, new here first post.
I've had a Model S 75 for nearly a year. I am getting a knocking sound what feels like from the front suspension but only on a full lock turns and then it feels as if the wheel has dropped into a hole or something and the knocking stops. Spoke to the service centre and they say it is consistent with the Model S. I am not convinced. Is anyone else experience this?

Forgive me if I am confusing the suspension of a different car type, but the top strut bearing may be binding. So the spring is loading up and uncoiling until it releases and the struct drops a bit.

Forgive me if I am confusing the suspension of a different car type, but the top strut bearing may be binding. So the spring is loading up and uncoiling until it releases and the struct drops a bit.

Not being a technical person so I don't know exactly what is happening mechanically but Mongo, your description sounds like what is happening - is anyone else experiencing this? Tesla is saying it's normal for a Model S.