Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Knocking noise under accelator pedal, when floored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's the knuckles in the drive shaft CV ( Constant Velocity ) joints that are making the noise. Your Model X has four drive shafts = 8 CV joints. If it gets worse, get them replaced if you are still under warranty. You can help reducing this noise while "flooring it" by lowering the suspension first.

Reactions: Nuclear Fusion
It's the knuckles in the drive shaft CV ( Constant Velocity ) joints that are making the noise. Your Model X has four drive shafts = 8 CV joints. If it gets worse, get them replaced if you are still under warranty. You can help reducing this noise while "flooring it" by lowering the suspension first.
Thanks for your insights. I’ll test the lower suspension
How does lowering the suspension reduce it?

Thanks for your insights. I’ll test the lower suspension
How does lowering the suspension reduce it?

Mine had it and they replaced the parts around 15,000 miles. It's coming back again at around 30,000.

My understanding is that they used some of the same configurations from the Model S for the Model X. Since the MX is higher off the ground, the angles are wrong. That is what is causing excessive wear and thus the knocking. At least that is what I have been told, so don't shoot the messenger.