Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Koch Brothers killing public transit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I strongly support public transit, I must say that this is also an illustration of the unwillingness of liberals to engage with "the deplorables". It's not enough to be convinced of something, in a democracy, you have to convince lots of other voters.

As the lady says, "“This is why grass roots works".

While I strongly support public transit, I must say that this is also an illustration of the unwillingness of liberals to engage with "the deplorables". It's not enough to be convinced of something, in a democracy, you have to convince lots of other voters.

As the lady says, "“This is why grass roots works".
This was not a Grass Roots movement. It was a group paid to spread disinformation, confuse voters and sabotage the election.
The only deplorables here are the paid Koch hacks.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
NYT isn't exactly a news source anymore is it?

Just in case they changed, I started reading...

"A team of political activists huddled at a Hardee’s one rainy Saturday, wolfing down a breakfast of biscuits and gravy. "

Lordy, this is not a creative writing assignment kid. Or are you getting paid by the word?

By selectively wording the mega-essay, it transformed what should have been a news article to a campaign pamphlet.

"Raised sales tax 1 point" = 10% tax hike. Plus other taxes the author refuses to list other than 'business taxes'.

Best I could tell the author could not disclose why they list a $9 billion project as a $5.4 billion project, or how they know for a fact Nashville will grow by 50% soon to 3 million. Even at the 3 mil, that's $3,000 per man, woman, and child. That's makes Jerry Brown or Congress look like tightwads.

Nashville for Transit spent $2.5 million campaigning. The author refuses to disclose who is behind the $$$.
Anti-Transit spent $1 million. Much of this is suspected to come from the Koch Bros* through their pro-business lobbying group.

But I'm going to guess the having the Chamber of Commerce against you is worse than all the Kochs in the world combined.

The vote was nearly 2:1 against.

Sometimes you just can't buy the government. Those pesky voters get in the way. Ask Hillary.

Last edited:
And here we have one loose cannon trying to take over Phoenix and stop the light rail expansion there too...

"DiCiccio’s objective of seizing control of city government was crystallized this week during the three-hour-plus light rail hearing where he and his colleagues went after each other’s throats, prompting a resident to tell them he was “embarrassed” about their behavior."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...outh-phoenix-light-rail-power-grab/716807002/

At least he hasn't hired thugs to go out at night and pull up the tracks currently in place, yet...