Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kwh used by charging, Tesla App versus Electric Bill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lately I have noticed that the Kwh used per month on my electric bill has increased more than it seems it should based on the charge statistics in the Tesla App.

For example, my last bill was 920 Kwh compared to 550 Kwh for the same month last year. The Tesla App says that I used 220 Kwh in the past 30 days.

Has anyone done a comparison regarding how much overhead there is involved with the Tesla Wall Connector? I imagine that there must be come amount of electricity consumed running the wall connector and pushing the electricity through the connector to the car.

My installation has about 60 feet of 6 gauge wire running from the panel to the connector, in case that helps to assess current loss due to distance.

The only other things I can think might be using extra electricity are the month was wetter than last month so my sump pumps might be running more. I was running the same three dehumidifiers as last year, but maybe they are older and somehow sucking more power or maybe running more?