Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

L'Anse aux Meadows...charging dilemma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the Newfoundlanders.

We're headed to Newfoundland this summer with our MX and Bowlus trailer. We have a side trip planned to L'Anse aux Meadows. The leg from Port au Choix to L'Anse aux Meadows is 130'ish miles. We have 170-175 range so that's not a problem.

Problem is on the way back we need to make it further than Port au Choix (the RV park is not available on the return leg dates). Next RV park is in Portland Creek, a 175 mile trip. And I don't see any charging listed on Plugshare or Chargehub. Would probably need 20-40 miles range added to make the trip and still have all of my hair!

So the question to the locals. Anyone know of a charging opportunity on that route? Preferably level 2. Maybe a Tesla owner with a 50A plug.

Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Question for the Newfoundlanders.

We're headed to Newfoundland this summer with our MX and Bowlus trailer. We have a side trip planned to L'Anse aux Meadows. The leg from Port au Choix to L'Anse aux Meadows is 130'ish miles. We have 170-175 range so that's not a problem.

Problem is on the way back we need to make it further than Port au Choix (the RV park is not available on the return leg dates). Next RV park is in Portland Creek, a 175 mile trip. And I don't see any charging listed on Plugshare or Chargehub. Would probably need 20-40 miles range added to make the trip and still have all of my hair!

So the question to the locals. Anyone know of a charging opportunity on that route? Preferably level 2. Maybe a Tesla owner with a 50A plug.

Thanks
Could you try asking the same campground if they have a plug available for a trickle charge?

So are any of the campgrounds/charging locations on PlugShare?

None of the campgrounds with charging in that part of Newfoundland are listed on Plugshare.
chargenl.jpg