Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Laserwash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used these all the time in my Model S and now use htem all the time with my 3s. They work pretty well.

The only issue is that the chemicals eventually cause a build-up on the surface that has to be cleaned with a regular wash and sometimes with a water spot treatment.

I recommend you use these washes for your standard wash (maybe weekly) but every 1-2 months, go have the car professionally washed at a place that can do a hand wash without scratching. They can also do the water spot treatment at that time. Then have it detailed once or twice a year.

These touchless washes also work a lot better if you have the car coated with one of the ceramic coatings. The touchless can then remove the dirt a lot easier and a lot less dirt remains stuck to the car after the wash.

Are they safe with a clear bra? Will the hard spray potentially lift up the edge? Also, they offer some pretty harsh sounding wash/wax/coating chemical options. Any of these harmful to the paint/finish?
All of the touchless car washes are fairly low impact and do an ok job. I have the clear bra on mine and cars before and never had an issue with any lifting or peeling. Most detailers use a power washer on cars and that is typically more powerful than the laser washes. You shouldn't have much to worry about and impact to paint/scratches will be significantly less than an auto wash with brushes.