Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late model long range 3 rwd with phantom front motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else with a late model long range rwd have a front motor show up on their screen? I had heard that at the end of the cycle of the long range rwd, to meet production deadlines for the federal tax credit Tesla was producing awd and turning off the front motor with the software. Any ideas? If so could this be an upgrade like the performance boost on awd?

View attachment 582482

• Funny
Reactions: cdswm3
Anyone else with a late model long range rwd have a front motor show up on their screen? I had heard that at the end of the cycle of the long range rwd, to meet production deadlines for the federal tax credit Tesla was producing awd and turning off the front motor with the software. Any ideas? If so could this be an upgrade like the performance boost on awd?

View attachment 582482

The charge screen on my 2019 LR RWD looks like your image. What does it look like without the front motor?

I rotated the front wheels and looked inside where the motor would be located and there is no front motor. End of run long range rwd had the wiring harness installed but not the motor. The latest software update must have had something written for the harness and that's why it's shown up. c'est la vie

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier