Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest double-din navigating car stereos for Roadster 2.5 Sport?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the good thing is that there are at least two better places to put the mic and others suffering the terrible handsfree that comes from the factory can make this correction knowing it works.

I' d probably recommend your change over mine because the cable routing is very simple and the mic barely visible. Wish Tesla had handled things this way from the start. Still, I bet in the Model S/X/* the handsfree is awesome.

Mark

Madrid was the only place I saw 7 or 8 cars line up abreast at a stop light on a 4 lane avenue. Scarey. A Spanish co-worker was driving my wife and me around Madrid looking for an apartment. She blew through a red light and when I asked her about it, she said, "no one comes from that other direction at this time of day." On our way back, at that same intersection, there was a 2-car accident sitting in the middle of the street. "So," I asked? "His mother must have been an American," she happily replied.

It might be something to do with my wife being an ENT surgeon and knowing what prolonged exposure to noise does to your ears but I drive wearing earplugs.

The audio system sounds better that way too! ;)

Mgemmell have you tried the Etymotic High-Fidelity Earplugs? They really quiet the buffeting without distorting the sound quality. http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html our soft top guys swear by them :smile:

-Chris

The Technician had done one install for *Warrenbonz* the same as yours and Warren told me his worked great. When it came to my car the Tech (Byron in Dania Beach) showed some thought as he worried about wind-noise or accidental damage putting soft/hard-top on and off. He tried this position on the instrument cluster and tested it on the road. Now when I talk to someone they cannot believe that I am driving in the car.

I asked Tesla to check this 1 1/2 years ago, and they said it was working properly. I'm so happy to hear that there is a solution. Did Tesla charge you to move the microphone? If so, how much?