Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Non-Negative Experience: First Visit to Memphis Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I’d report another positive experience.

Had the Y in for service today at the Memphis Service Center. Couple of interior trim issues at delivery needing correction:
  • Switches in trunk for folding rear seats down didn’t work
  • Driver side front pillar trim installed behind guide bracket leaving 1/2 inch gap
Setting up the appointment and interacting with the Service Advisor (Matt) was very easy. He took me through a series of questions and tests (through app messages) with the switches to understand the problem. Came out and looked at the pillar trim when I dropped off the car to see what that was about.

Gave me a time estimate and pointed me to my loaner car (Model 3).

We spent the time running errands in Memphis. We live about 100 miles east in Mississippi, just short of the Alabama line, so some time on our own in Memphis is a bit of a treat. Visited a favorite store or two and grabbed lunch.

Car was ready exactly when promised. Only hick-up was when we realized (later) that the key card we left had not been returned to the car. Oops .... should have looked for that when getting the car back. Matt graciously offered to mail it to us because he knew we had a long trip home. No sweat.

All-in-all, a great experience. Very happy with the whole process, and the good customer service.

And ..... as a bonus ..... got to drive a Model 3. Now I know I won’t be buying one someday when I decide to “de-ICE” my other vehicle. Way too “cozy” inside and low to the ground for us. Fun to drive, though.